Tuesday, August 27, 2013

In the State of Normal

Life is normal for me.  I never thought I'd say that.  

Recovery from anorexia seemed impossible.  And surely, I'd gain so much weight that I'd be unrecognizable.  

I'm not.  My heart is still the same.  I have the same passions, loves and duality of a gentle and feisty spirit.  

I have times at home of eating animal crackers with my kids.  I sit on the couch and watch a TV show at 11:00 PM with my husband instead of exercising.  On Sunday mornings when I'm rushing to the church for worship practice, I wear whatever clothing I can grab first.  I don't spend hours agonizing over how fat I'll look in certain outfits.  We have a new pastor on our staff and I was actually able to have a couple brief conversations with him, where that previously would've sent me into panic.

Life is normal.  And so am I.  

Am I perfect? Nope.  Just like anyone else, I have down days, days where I doubt many things and question my abilities to continue with anorexia playing an active role in my life, but those moments are brief, usually reigned in my a glance at my children or a quick phone call with my husband.

Recovery IS possible.  I am LIVING it.  I am LIVING proof.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...